Hudson Festival Orchestra, a newly-formed professional orchestra based in Hudson, NY, proposes to present an annual concert for full orchestra on the Hudson waterfront, to be inaugurated in summer of 2020. Free and open to the public, “Hudson in Concert” will celebrate our diverse American heritage, recognizing that music and culture can bridge divides and build community. The musical selections will focus on the dance rhythms and music idioms of our various cultures, as a vibrant way to engage broad, multi-generational audiences. The event will also involve area students through a music mentoring program, “Take a Seat…in the Orchestra.”
“Hudson in Concert” is led by conductor and artistic director, Gwen Gould.
- Concerts will take place in Henry Hudson Waterfront Park on a summer Saturday afternoon-evening, featuring a fifty-five-piece professional orchestra, comprised of area musicians. Click Here for photos of a similar program presented from 1995-2003 by the former Columbia Festival Orchestra, also conducted by Ms. Gould.
- Concerts will feature special guest artists, as well as local prominent musicians
- Area students, singers as well as players, in collaboration with local school music programs and The Harmony Project in Hudson, will be invited to “Take a Seat… in the Orchestra.”
- At the intermission, the rag “Teddy Bears’ Picnic,” will feature a parade of children following a life-size bear (a costumed volunteer) to a picnic blanket for treats.
- Concerts will be performed under a 60’x120’ tent that will cover the orchestra and seat 300 people. Additional audience will be invited to picnic on the lawn as well.
- Budget to be presented separately
This free public concert will be funded by generous support from area businesses, individuals, and foundations. To learn more, or to contribute, please contact Gwen Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org / 518-965-3445.